Delphi Application Support
Considering outsourcing your Delphi applications?
- Do you now have a single Delphi development resource and cannot consistently meet user demands?
- Is your Delphi system stable and support costing more than it need?
- Is your sole Delphi developer at risk of moving on or considering retirement?
- Do your Delphi resources want to move to modern technologies?
- Do you need to ramp up your Delphi team from time to time to handle new development and enhancements?
If the answer to any of these questions is “Yes” then Dunstan Thomas Consulting can help you. We have over 20 years of experience working with Delphi and maintain strong partnerships with both Borland (now Micro Focus) and Embarcadero.
Dunstan Thomas offer Delphi support and development packages ranging from call off to full 24×7 cover. With a team of 12 Delphi expert developers, Dunstan Thomas has one of the largest and most experienced Delphi teams in the software development market.
Our Delphi team have provided Delphi consulting services for over 20 years in the following areas:
- Outsourced Delphi application support
- Delphi application development
- Upgrades across all Delphi versions from Delphi 1 to Delphi XE8
- Migration of Delphi DCOM architectures to the .NET framework and web services
- Reverse engineering Delphi applications into UML models
- Replacement of legacy Delphi applications with .NET solutions
Tailored Delphi Support Agreements
Dunstan Thomas provide a full complement of Delphi support services covering 1st to 3rd line support, tailored Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and responses varying from T&M call off through to 24×7 cover. Our commercial models are tailored to reflect Delphi system criticality to ensure that a model is implemented to suit the varying nature of Client requirements. Contact a Dunstan Thomas Delphi Support Expert or ring 02392 822254 to discuss your requirements.
Delphi Application Support Transition
Dunstan Thomas have completed the transition of support and development for applications written in Delphi and other technologies (including ASP.NET, Visual Basic, Java and VB.NET) for many clients and have an established and repeatable transition process. Considerations for transition include:
- Business knowledge transfer
- Functional knowledge transfer
- Technical knowledge transfer
- Configuration Management
- Communications (dedicated support lines, remote access to Clients’ environments)
- Development and Support processes
The duration for transition always depends on the nature and complexity of the business domain and the Delphi application and the required support package itself but typical timescales range from 1 week to 3 months.
Delphi Case Studies
Dunstan Thomas provide outsourced Delphi application support and development for a number of Clients including Alstom Grid, Stubbs & Co, Sepura plc and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. To read more about our Delphi support services read the Delphi support case study.
To learn more about Delphi, read the What is Delphi? help sheet.